Durwest is in search of an Estimator who will form part of the project and construction management team and will be directly responsible for the overall estimating function of the firm while also providing assistance in the coordination of construction management projects from concept to completion ensuring the needs and expectation of both the company and client are achieved.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an experienced estimator of early conceptual estimating capabilities in addition to detailed estimates with a construction manager or general contractor. Estimating experience with an emphasis in institutional, multi-unit residential and commercial construction projects with a value up to $50 million +/-. Secondary experience in a Construction Manager capacity in the commercial, residential and institutional sectors would be significant asset. The position will appeal to an individual who is seeking a senior leadership position in the construction industry
- Ability to initiate and work with the Construction Managers on project estimates at the conceptual design stages through to full working drawing stages
- Strong estimating skills and a strong desire to share knowledge throughout both the field and office
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and work with others to obtain the team orientated goals and results of our projects
- Deploy creativity and problem solving skills when unexpected issues arise specific to a project
- Minimum estimating experience of 10 years on various type projects including providing estimates in the design and working drawing stages
- Demonstrated experience assuming overall responsibility for development of data base, cost estimates and budgets.
- Excellent understanding of construction both technically and contractually.
- Advanced skills in developing in-depth estimates from conceptual design, schematic design and initial take-offs to final pricing.
- Proven experience in successfully working with a team and various subtrades.
- In-depth knowledge of construction building methods, materials, mechanical and electrical systems, drawing coordination, specifications, building codes, procurement procedures and contracts
- Proficient with software such as Microsoft office products and others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills –verbal, written and presentation
- Building Technology or Professional Designation preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical
- Company matched RSP
- Employer supported training and education
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, detailed resume and references in confidence to:
Vice President, Business Development
Durwest Construction Management Inc.
301-4400 Chatterton Way
Victoria, BC V8X 5J2
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected as part of the shortlisting process will be contacted