The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a Site Superintendent. You have the ability to take a project from start to finish including development and execution of detailed construction schedules and demonstrate exceptional skills in quality and cost control and problem solving to ensure the project meets the needs and objectives of the client. Your strong leadership, negotiation, communication and client relationship skills allow you to build cohesive teams that consistently meet client and industry demands. This position will appeal to an individual seeking long-term employment with opportunities for career advancement.
- Minimum superintendent experience of 15 years on large scale projects and preferably in a Construction Management environment
- Demonstrated experience assuming overall responsibility for all on-site construction activities
- Excellent understanding of construction both technically and contractually
- Strong knowledge of WorksafeBC regulations
- Advanced skills in developing an in-depth understanding of project drawings, specifications, schedules, contracts and ability to ensure all materials and work comply with the contract documents and quality specifications
- Proven experience in successfully leading design and construction teams, trade contractors and site crews
- Proven experience in stakeholder management
Salary and Benefits:
Durwest offers an attractive comprehensive remuneration package to the right candidate.
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter, detailed resume and references in confidence to:
Allison Greaves, Human Resources Manager
Durwest Construction Management Ltd.
301-4400 Chatterton Way, Victoria, BC V8X 5J2
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected as part of the shortlisting process will be contacted