At Durwest, our primary asset is our people and our goal is to help build careers and personal growth by way of education, mentoring and opportunity therefore we always want to hear from talented career-minded professionals.
Durwest offers a proactive and collaborative management style and has a proven track record of providing the leadership necessary to build a cohesive team. Our success is demonstrated through recurring business, over multiple Commercial Building Awards, and unparalleled staff engagement and focus.
Durwest is a progressive employer and supports its staff members for career growth and development to achieve a high level of professional standards. The comprehensive remuneration package for staff includes a competitive salary, employer supported training and education and among the best extended benefit packages in the industry.
Please submit your application, and if there is a fit we will be in touch!
Current Career Opportunities include (details below):
- Project Director/ Sr Project Manager – Victoria, B.C
- Carpenters – Victoria, B.C
- Skilled Labourers – Victoria, B.C
- Level II First Aid Attendant/ Labourer – Victoria, B.C
PROJECT DIRECTOR/ SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
About Durwest Construction Management:
Durwest specializes in the management of institutional, commercial and multi-unit residential, projects from concept to completion. We have provided Project and Construction Management services for public and private sector clients primarily on Vancouver Island for 35 years with some involvement in projects elsewhere in British Columbia. For a thorough listing of our completed projects, please click here: http://durwest.com/projects/ . Our head office is located in Victoria, BC.
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- A work environment that embraces respect and support amongst management and staff
- A set of core values implemented through all aspects of the business promoting collaboration amongst staff, owners, consultants and trades
- A culture that insists on safety first
Durwest is in search of a Project Director/Senior Project Manager who will form part of the project and construction management team and take ownership and lead projects while also providing mentorship and experience.
The Project Director/Senior Project Manager will be directly responsible for the execution and coordination of project and construction management projects from concept to completion ensuring the needs and expectation of both the company and client are achieved.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the expertise of leading and managing teams in a Project Management and Construction Management capacity in the commercial, residential and institutional sectors. The position will appeal to an individual who is seeking a senior leadership position in the construction industry.
- Ability to manage a group of Project Managers working on various projects with unique challenges and expectations
- Strong mentorship skills and a strong desire to share knowledge throughout both the field and office
- Oversee and be responsible for construction projects to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the design, budget and schedule
- Ability to effectively procure, manage, lead and challenge a project team of Architects and Consultants
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and work with others to obtain the team orientated goals and results of our projects
- Deploy creativity and problem solving skills when unexpected issues arise specific to a project
- Proactively and effectively communicate with clients to ensure clarity of project status, anticipated challenges, and other important updates
- 20 years of prior experience in project or construction management or related delivery models on various types of projects including experience in the preconstruction phase for preparation of budgets, schedules and value engineering
- In-depth knowledge of construction building methods, materials, mechanical and electrical systems, drawing coordination, specifications, building codes, procurement procedures and contracts
- Proficient with software such as Microsoft office products and others
- Ability to effectively manage time, responsibilities and priorities including staff members that report to you
- Effective client management in each stage of the construction management lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills –verbal, written and presentation
- Proven experience in successfully working with a consultant team and various subtrades
- Building Technology or Professional Designation preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical
- Company matched RSP
- Potential ownership or long term equity opportunities
- Relocation assistance
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, detailed resume with completed projects and references in confidence to:
Devon Kray – email@example.com
Business Development and HR Manager
Durwest Construction Management Inc
301-4400 Chatterton Way
Victoria, BC V8X 5J2
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected as part of the shortlisting process will be contacted
Durwest Construction Management has excellent opportunities available for Journeyman or Apprentice Carpenters to join a growing team of construction professionals on projects in Greater Victoria. Successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, excellent safety record and have proven skills in the trade. Durwest offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent group benefits plan.
SKILLED LABOURERS (Full-Time)
Durwest Construction Management is currently looking for skilled labourers to join a growing team of construction professionals on projects in Greater Victoria. Successful candidates will posses a strong work ethic and excellent safety record. Durwest offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent group benefits plan.
LEVEL II FIRST AID ATTENDANT/LABOURER (Full-Time)
Durwest Construction Management is currently looking for A Level II First Aid Attendant/labourer to join a growing team of construction professionals on projects located in Greater Victoria. Successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, excellent safety and a positive attitude. Durwest offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent Group Benefits Plan.
Interested applicants for Carpenter, Labourer or First Aid Attendant positions can forward their resumes to: