Current Career Opportunities
as of April 22, 2021
Durwest Construction Management is in search of a Construction Manager who will form part of our Operations team. The Construction Manager will be responsible for overall supervision and coordination of project construction, scheduling, and budgets. He/She will be directly responsible for managing a project coordinator and developing and mentoring their growth within the organization. The Construction Manager reports directly to the VP, Operations and will have the ability to maintain strong stakeholder relationships.
- Provide overall construction management from pre-construction to completion including design coordination, budget, and schedule in conjunction with the project team
- Achieve project schedule commitments within the financial targets
- Prepare, review, and submit timely and accurate billings for owners and ensure timely payment of subcontractor billings
- Ensure site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded
- Regularly meet with Owners, Consultants, Architects and other project stakeholders in a professional manner and communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the client
- Monitor, interpret and forecast a project’s cost report ensuring they are in line with estimates
- Ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings and applicable building codes and ensure that quality standards are met
- Submit project reports to operations and communicate with management about project progress and areas of risk
- Provide clear direction to team members and delegate workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
- 8-10 years of construction management experience, or equivalent
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering, Project/Construction Management or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- Sound understanding of construction documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and people management
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time, responsibilities, and priorities
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and work with others to obtain the team orientated goals and results for the project(s).
- Proven leadership abilities
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial mindset
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Office suite, Procore Project Management Software and strong overall IT skills
Please note that frequent travel to job sites will be required.
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, detailed resume and references in confidence to:
Allison Greaves – Human Resources Manager
Durwest Construction Management Inc
301-4400 Chatterton Way
Victoria, BC V8X 5J2
While we appreciate all interest in Durwest career opportunities, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Durwest is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.