Durwest Construction Management is looking for an energetic, driven individual to join our team as Site Administrator located at the Victoria Airport – Lower Hold-Room Expansion Project.
Durwest promotes internal growth and continued learning. Durwest has a great working atmosphere, competitive wages and a top tier group benefits plan. If interested, please forward your resume (including references) to Allison Greaves.
The Site Administrator (SA) provides overall support and administration services on-site to the site superintendent and all project personnel and stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shop Drawing Coordination
- Manage timely shop drawing review & distribution process
- Onsite document distribution and control
- Tracking RFI’s (Requests for Information)
- Manage distribution and follow up of RFI’s
- Site Instructions
- Receive and track incoming SI’s
- Manage and distribute SI’s in coordination with Project Coordinator
- Prepare and review daily reports and photo records for Site Superintendent.
- Distribute reports to required parties
- Attend trade and consultant meetings, prepare and distribute meeting minutes in a timely manner
- Assist the Superintendent with trade coordination and follow up
- Prepare and submit time sheets and hiring forms for Durwest site personnel
- Check scopes and specifications to make sure all trades are adhering to what is outlined in terms of submittals, samples & mock ups
- File all project correspondence
- Administer meetings as requested by the Site Superintendent
- Issue and distribute purchase orders as required
- Ordering construction materials, rentals, cranes and other deliveries as directed by the Superintendent
- Monitor, schedule and track all Durwest tool deliveries to the site and the tool lock-ups and the various sites, and prepare tool rental reports to be sent in to Head Office
- Place orders and track outside tool rentals
- Assist Construction Manager & Project Coordinator with compiling and preparing maintenance manuals, warranty and product data summaries
- Stakeholder management – on an ongoing basis remain in continual communication with the project stakeholders to advise of any upcoming disruptive work, shut downs, security concerns etc.
- Minimum 3-5 years in an administrative role, supporting multiple personnel
- Experience in the construction industry an asset
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to perform required tasks under tight timelines
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests at once
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to professionally work with all staff and outside agencies
- Great attitude!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday/40 hour work week.
Durwest is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, detailed resume and references in confidence to:
Allison Greaves, Human Resources Manager
Durwest Construction Management Inc.
301-4400 Chatterton Way, Victoria, BC, V8X 5J2
While we appreciate all interest in Durwest employment, only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.