Durwest Construction Management is looking for an experienced, ambitious Custom Home Construction Superintendent to join our team.
Durwest is a prominent builder on Vancouver Island and promotes internal growth and continued learning in all aspects of our business. Our success is attributed to the high standards we set for quality work, integrity, detailed approach and customer service while creating long-lasting relationships. Durwest supports community involvement and building an internal culture of mentorship and development; we are seeking long term commitment as part of the Durwest team!
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as an exemplary Custom Home Superintendent. He or She has the ability to take a project from start to finish including development and execution of detailed construction schedules and demonstrates exceptional skills in quality, cost control and problem solving to ensure the project meets the needs and objectives of the client. Their strong leadership, negotiation, communication, attention to detail and client relationship skills provide the foundation for building cohesive teams that consistently meet client and industry demands. This position will appeal to an individual seeking long-term employment with opportunities for career advancement.
- 10 + years of previous experience as a Custom Home Superintendent
- In depth knowledge of all residential construction phases
- Demonstrated experience assuming overall responsibility for all on-site construction activities from excavation to project completion
- Excellent understanding of construction both technically and contractually
- Strong knowledge of WorksafeBC & BC Building Code regulations & requirements
- Advanced skills in developing an in-depth understanding of the project drawings, specifications, schedules, contracts and ensuring all materials and work comply with the contract documents and quality specifications
- Professionally proficient in MS Office Suite & MS Project. Procore experience an asset
- Highly organized with a detail oriented skill set
- Must demonstrate initiative and leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems and motivate others to ensure our customer’s expectations and requirements are met
- High standards in Client Relations and Customer Service
Salary and Benefits:
Durwest offers an attractive comprehensive remuneration package to the selected candidate.
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, detailed resume and references in confidence to:
Allison Greaves, Human Resources Manager
Durwest Construction Management Ltd.
301-4400 Chatterton Way
Victoria, BC V8X 5J2