Current Career Opportunities
as of September 25, 2020
Director of Operations
Durwest Construction Management is in search of an outstanding Director of Operations. The Director motivates and manages operations staff and is responsible for providing comprehensive strategic oversight in all areas of construction and project delivery. The Director is a dynamic leader with passion for development and mentoring of project teams. The Director demonstrates a collaborative approach while working with stakeholders and helps build capacity within the organization to effectively deliver projects.
The ideal candidate has an in-depth knowledge of the Construction Management delivery model and extensive experience running construction operations.
This position will report directly to business owners and will be stationed at Durwest’s head office in beautiful Victoria BC.
- Provide leadership and build on the operational strengths of the company
- Responsible for all project and construction management operations ensuring the needs and expectations of both the company and the client are achieved
- Foster a positive work environment and maintain professional relationships amongst staff, consultants and clients
- Act as an ethical, fair, confident and approachable leader that encourages top performance and high morale
- Effectively execute strategic policy and planning decisions
- Collaborate with company partners to determine values and mission and plan for short and long-term goals
- Apply analytical and business skills to identify operational and financial risks
- Analyze and improve systems and processes, and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company
- Accountable for proactive participation and leading consultant and construction teams through preconstruction and construction, exhibiting leadership, client focus, project planning and start-up
*For a detailed job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in a relevant discipline. Ideally Construction Management, Architectural and Building Technology, Engineering or similar
- 10+ years in a senior leadership role in the Construction industry
- Experience in strategy development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Sound understanding of construction documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Experience in development of project estimates and cost control
- Knowledge of construction building materials, mechanical and electrical systems and drawing coordination
- Understanding of project scope and ability to apply basic engineering principles to guide project teams to resolve constructability challenges
- Understanding of project schedules and ability to identify the critical path
- Understanding of contract law and construction contracts
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Experience leading large scale ICI projects from pre-construction to turnkey
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Office suite and strong overall IT skills. Procore certification an asset
- Strong work ethic & positive attitude!
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, detailed resume and references in confidence to:
Allison Greaves; Human Resources Manager
Durwest Construction Management Inc
301-4400 Chatterton Way
Victoria, BC V8X 5J2
While we appreciate all interest in Durwest career opportunities, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Durwest is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.