PROJECT COORDINATOR POSITION – Victoria Head Office
About Durwest Construction Management:
Durwest specializes in the management of multi-unit residential, commercial and institutional projects from concept to completion. We have provided Project and Construction Management services for public and private sector clients primarily on Vancouver Island for 35 years with some involvement in projects elsewhere in British Columbia. With our head office located in Victoria, BC we currently manage projects ranging in construction value of $1 to $30 million. For a thorough listing of our completed projects, please click here: http://durwest.com/projects/
Durwest offers a proactive and collaborative management style and has a proven track record of providing the leadership necessary to build a cohesive team. Our success is demonstrated through recurring business, over multiple Commercial Building Awards, and unparalleled staff engagement and focus.
Durwest is a progressive employer and supports its staff members for career growth and development to achieve a high level of professional standards. The comprehensive remuneration package for staff includes a competitive salary, employer supported training and education and among the best extended benefit packages in the industry.
Durwest Construction Management is in search of a Project Coordinator who will form part of the project and construction management team in our Victoria head office. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and controlling project and contract administration activities under the direction of the Project Manager and Project Director. The ideal candidate will have previous knowledge and understanding of the construction industry in the commercial, residential and institutional sectors.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Report to Project Managers on a regular basis to update on activities such as project budgets, schedules and field operations.
- Ability to effectively procure, coordinate and participate on a project team of Architects. Consultants and Trade Contractors.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and work with others to obtain the team orientated goals and results for the projects.
- Assist the Project Managers in the drafting of trade tenders, budgets, cash flows and project schedules.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team.
- Review field inspection reports from Consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project and address action items as required.
- Primary contact for coordination of all trade contract administration.
- Assist the Project Manager in the review of contractor quotations to ensure accuracy on pricing and recommendation for approval.
- Track and manage contemplated change notices and change orders.
- Management of Request for Information from Trade Contractors.
- Degree or Diploma in Construction Management or Civil Engineering preferred but not mandatory
- 2+ years of experience in supporting Project Managers in the delivery of construction projects.
- Knowledge of construction building methods, materials, mechanical and electrical systems, drawing coordination, specifications, building codes, procurement procedures and contracts.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage time, responsibilities and priorities among various projects and tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Proficient in MS Project and other MS Office suite.
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, detailed resume and references in confidence to:
Devon Kray – firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Manager
Durwest Construction Management Inc
301-4400 Chatterton Way
Victoria, BC V8X 5J2